This process requires you to have administration rights on your Enterprise account.
Maptiks Enabled templates are not available for personal accounts.
PART I - Create a group to hold your templates
- This will be a group for ALL of your templates (including the Maptiks Enabled Templates)
- Give it a Name, Summary and Description
- Add a Tag: templates
- Make sure the Status is Organization
- Once you are happy with all the settings, click Save
PART II - Edit your Organization Settings
- Click My Organization, then EDIT SETTINGS
- Once in settings
- click the Map tab, then find the Configurable Apps section
- In the dropdown menu, select the new group you created in PART I)
- Make sure you select “Share the Esri default configurable apps…” checkbox
Then click Save
PART III - Add Maptiks Enabled templates to your new group
1. Find the Maptiks Enabled Templates group
- Search for “maptiks” in search bar (top right) and
- be sure to select “Search for Groups” filter (see screenshot below)
2. Make sure you don’t restrict the search by
- de-selecting the checkbox (see screenshot below). Now you should be able to see our template group, Maptiks Enabled Templates
- Click the group name to view all the templates that are Maptiks Enabled
3. Find a template that you want and click details
4. Share the template with your new group
- Click the Share button (to the left) and
- Select your new “org templates” group
- then click Ok
5. Repeat for each template
Part IV - Getting a Maptiks tracking code
- Sign into Maptiks using your ESRI account (https://analytics.maptiks.com)
- When you first login, you will be asked to create a track code.
- Click the Start button and one will be created for you.
- Enter a name for your tracking code
- Don’t worry about adding a domain for Maptiks Enabled templates, all templates are already white-listed.
- Click the arrow beside the track code name and the actual “code” will appear.
Part V - Create some Maptiks Enabled apps!
1.Go to My Content
- Click Create
- Select App
- Using a Template
2. Select one of the new Maptiks Enabled templates that you just added
- Click Create Web App and
- complete the form details on the next page
You will then be taken to the “configuration” page
3. When configuring your app, you will need a
- Track code (from PART IV)
- Map name (anything you want, but should be unique since you can have many maps with a single track code)